5 ways to impress your bossPosted: February 17, 2012
Want to impress your boss? Here’s 5 quick tips on how you can do that:
1. Discover a way to to boost company profits. At the end of the day, the bottom line matters. Do this and you’ll be noticed quickly.
2. Understand what their goals are and help them achieve those goals. These goals could be personal or work. When you add value to other people’s lives, they’ll view you as a “trusted advisor” in their life.
3. Don’t back down from the tough jobs. No one wants a wimp on their team. Managers are looking for the next generation leader. Take on the tough work, do a great job and show them you’re not afraid to brave new frontiers.
4. Be an expert in your industry. Study the products. Study the services. Study the competition. Study the trends. Study the market transitions. Then be ready to bring this knowledge into your work conversations. You’ll be seen as an expert.
5. Think outside of the box. No one notices the “me too” types. Think about it – if you opened a coffee shop just like Starbucks (in decor, coffee types and drinks) do you really think you’d be able to beat them at their own game?
I doubt it. So think outside of the box. Be different. Zappos, a shoe company, did this by providing outrageously awesome customer service. They were so good, they would even recommend a competitor if it was the right thing to do.
Are you creating new innovative ways to impact company profit?
Are you thinking of a way to make your colleagues more productive?
Are you leveraging new media tools to help the business?
I hope this helps you in your career path!